The immune system in the human body consists of many cells, organs, tissues and proteins scattered throughout the body, the body responsible for protecting the body from foreign bodies such as viruses, bacteria, and parasites, as well as helping to maintain the health and safety of the body, and the components of the immune system work very closely and coordinatedly when a foreign body enters the inside of the body to control and eliminate it, and this process is called the term immune reaction or response.
A healthy and integrated diet is one of the most important ways to maintain the integrity of the immune system, and some types of foods also help to strengthen immunity and prevent certain diseases, and some of these foods are mentioned:
- Acidic: Most types of acids contain high quantities of vitamin C, people use these acids, especially when they have a cold, and vitamin C is believed to increase the production of white blood cells, which in turn strengthens immunity, and it should be noted that the body cannot produce or store vitamin C, so be careful to get the body’s need for this vitamin daily.
- Dark chocolate: Eating dark chocolate helps strengthen the immune system because it contains an antioxidant known as theobromine, and the antioxidants help strengthen the immune system by eliminating free radicals, and it is worth noting that although dark chocolate is useful in strengthening the immune system, it contains high calories and saturated fats, so you should eat moderately.
- Turmeric: Turmeric helps strengthen immunity because it contains rhinoceros, which has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, and turmeric intake helps treat various diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis.
- Seafood: Such as fish that contain large amounts of omega-3 fatty acids, some studies have shown the benefit of eating omega-3 in the prevention of rheumatoid arthritis, and zinc intake is important in the function of immune cells, as it is found in large quantities in shellfish.
- Green cauliflower: As it is called broccoli, it helps boost immunity because it contains powerful antioxidants such as sulfolane, vitamin C, other vitamins, and minerals.
- Garlic: Garlic helps eliminate many different infections, garlic is useful in boosting immunity because it contains a sulfur-rich lysine compound, and some studies show the effectiveness of garlic in lowering blood pressure and preventing arterial hardening.
- Ginger: Ginger has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, which contribute to the elimination of certain inflammatory diseases, such as sore throats, and helps to eliminate nausea, and some studies show ginger’s properties in relieving chronic pain and lowering cholesterol.
- Sunflower seeds: Sunflower seeds contain many important nutrients for the safety of the immune system, such as vitamin E, vitamin B6, phosphate and magnesium, and vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that plays an important role in regulating and maintaining the immune system.
- Poultry: Such as chickens and turkeys, where eating poultry helps boost the immune system because it contains large amounts of vitamin B6, which plays an important role in many vital functions of the body, and is one of the key elements in the process of producing red blood cells, and chicken broth made from chicken bones contains many nutrients that enhance immunity, such as condors.
- Green tea: Although both green tea and red tea contain flavonoids, an antioxidant, green tea also contains EGCG, a powerful antioxidant, and green tea contains theanine, an important amino acid that enters some immune processes.
- Almonds: Almond intake enhances the immune system’s ability to contain vitamin E, magnesium and manganese, and almonds contain some healthy fats and fiber.
Types of immunity
The degree of immunity varies from person to person, but it generally increases with age, where the incidence of diseases in adults decreases compared to children, because the human immune system retains a copy of the antibodies produced to eliminate the uses that attack it, if these bodies return to attack the body again the antibodies are ready to eliminate them, and for this reason, there are some diseases that a person becomes once in his life, such as serious disease. Immunity in the human body is divided into three different types:
- Innate immunity: it means immunity that is born with humans.
- Acquired immunity: Acquired by the body either through vaccines or vaccines or through diseases.
- Direct immunity: the immunity that a person receives directly, such as the immunity that an infant receives from his mother’s milk.