Food and health
A balanced diet is an important factor for the health of the body, and it is defined as providing the body with the nutrients it needs to function effectively, and without these elements, the body is more susceptible to infection and disease, and this affects Growth in children, which can lead to ghee, and to balance, must eat a variety of foods from all the main food groups: fruits, vegetables, cereals, proteins, fats, and milk products, and it is worth noting that the number of calories can be used as a measure of existing energy in food, which the body uses to perform its various functions.
How to regulate eating
The body has an internal clock or so-called daily frequency which helps the body to function and a specific system, as well as help it adapt to environmental changes, sleep, and behavior, such as eating, it is worth noting that as food affects the body, time Eating also has an impact on the regulation of metabolism and weight, the management of diseases associated with ghee, sleep, and regular meal time plays a role in the long-term body weight, and it is normal for the body to feel hungry every 3-5 hours, but it depends on Meal times are used, so it is recommended to eat at certain times each day, and healthy and full snacks can be eaten between main meals, such as vegetables and cheese, to reduce appetite, and in some cases changing meal times can be Weight effect, one study indicated that women who suffer from margarine and who ate more food at breakfast compared to dinner improved their metabolism and lost weight.
Studies also indicate that sleep disorder leads to an imbalance in the body’s internal clock, leading to eating at the wrong times, and thus causing weight gain, as people who sleep short-term tend to eat more fast food, soft drinks, and more Food late in the day, fewer vegetables and fruits, however, usually eat the same amount of calories as people who sleep long enough, but eating after 8 pm is heavily associated with gaining weight.
Tips for eating healthy
There are many tips to help eat healthily, and here are the most important tips:
- Controlling the size of servings: The size of people’s diets varies, age, degree of physical activity, and sex, and researchers link large servings with margarine, so it is recommended to monitor the size of the servings and the number of calories in them, to maintain weight.
- Eat natural foods and avoid processed foods: Fresh foods contain various nutrients, with small amounts of additives, highly energy-based manufactured foods and added sugars In addition to containing dyes and preservatives, the process of manufacturing them is usually lost in nutrients, and eating large amounts of these foods can increase the risk of diabetes and heart disease.
- Reducing the intake of added sugars: natural sugar, such as fructose from fruits, lactose from milk products, adding sugar to food adds taste without increasing nutritional value, so it is recommended to eat fruit instead of sweets, reduce the amount of sugar added to coffee and tea, to reduce the amount of sugar consumed, and drink sparkling water instead of soft drinks.
- Reducing animal fats: Animal foods usually contain a lot of saturated fats, which are difficult for the body to analyze, which may increase the levels of bad cholesterol in the body, thus increasing the risk of heart disease, so you can eat non-fat Moderately saturated, which is most beneficial to health, as these fats are available in many foods, such as nuts, fatty fish, and on the other hand, there are several steps to help reduce the intake of unhealthy fats, including Cook chicken and meat after removing the skin, Choose lean meats, Grill or boil meat, Use vegetable oils instead of animal fats.
- Reducing sodium consumption and increasing potassium intake: sodium causes water retention in the body, so it is associated with high blood pressure, it is worth noting that sodium is available in large quantities in food salt and processed foods, so it is recommended to reduce intake, while potassium is invalidated The harmful effect of sodium can be found in many sources, such as bananas, pumpkins, and tuna, but it is advised not to eat it, as excessive amounts of it may cause heart rhythm disorder, and it is worth noting that some herbs can be added to the food as an alternative For salts, such as rosemary, basil, garlic, or low-salt spices, such as yellow mustard.
- Eating foods rich in calcium and vitamin D: Vitamin D enhances the body’s absorption of calcium, an important ingredient for bone strengthening and maintenance, and milk products, soy, white beans, and green cabbage are good sources of calcium, while dietary sources do not provide enough vitamin D, so it is important to be exposed to sunlight, which is important for making this vitamin in the body.
- Read food labels: This helps choose foods that contain vitamins, minerals, and fiber, and reduces food containing added sugar, saturated and mutated fats, and sodium.
- Preparing food at home: Ingredients and portion sizes can be controlled when preparing food at home, so it’s best to reduce eating out.
- Make healthy snacks in the hand: vegetables and fruits can be prepared or chopped and placed in the hand, to encourage their intake.